Before you automatically dismiss unisex fragrances as being too boring or musky, there are a few “gender neutral” scents you should try. These unique fragrances appeal to both sexes, and what is surprising is how sexy scents like leather and smoke can smell on men and women. If you have been considering giving a unisex fragrance a try, here are the top 5 scents that drive men and women wild.
5 Sexy Fragrances for Men and Women
Acqua di Parma Cologne
Fragrances from Parma, Italy are timeless and elegant. Worn by Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn and Ava Garner colognes from this region always stand out. Created to be light and refreshing, this fragrance features citrus accords that blend seductively with musk and amber. It is the ideal fragrance for men and women who enjoy classic elegance and style.
Top notes: lavender, rosemary, jasmine and Italian citrus
Middle notes: Belgian rose
Bottom notes: amber and light musk
- This light and refreshing citrusy fragrance is ideal for men and women to wear.
- The scent of citrus keeps this cologne light, while the sensual base notes give the fragrance depth and body.
- The elegant Italian glass bottle makes a beautiful addition to any cologne or perfume collection.
- It has a good rating for silage and longevity.
- Some women may feel that the warmer scents of musk and amber may be too masculine.
- The floral notes may make this unisex fragrance too sweet for some wearers.
- While it does have good silage, the lighter scent can be overpowered.
Hermes Eau de Narcisse Bleu de Cologne
This is a modern cologne created for men and women in 2013, and is surprisingly refreshing with woody accords. It is the perfect fragrance for springtime with its light floral scent of daffodils that blends seamlessly with the woody notes. This is a simple cologne that is meant to be enjoyed, and to celebrate nature with its pleasant fragrance.
Top notes: daffodil
Middle notes: there are none
Bottom notes: mingles scents of aromatic woods
- It is a light and simple fragrance that is ideal for warm spring days and casual occasions.
- The soft, light scent is perfect for small spaces.
- This uncomplicated cologne can be worn by young girls and boys.
- The elegant blue glass bottle makes this cologne the perfect gift.
- It is a light fragrance that might be too simple for some older men and women.
- It has a lower rating for longevity and silage, and the light floral scent is often overpowered by stronger odors.
Oud Wood by Tom Ford
There is something magical and sensual about this men’s fragrance that designed for women to wear. It’s warm and spicy accords mingle with the darker woody notes to create a fragrance that is impossible to resist. It is a unique fragrance that demands to be noticed, and irresistible scent celebrates the individuality of men and women.
Top notes: oud (agarwood), Brazilian rosewood, cardamom, and Sichuan pepper
Middle notes: vanilla
Bottom notes: vetiver, sandalwood, and amber
- Has a unique fragrance that is irresistible to men and women.
- Has good longevity and silage for a scent that entices for hours.
- The beautifully crafted bottle looks elegant in any cologne collection.
- This cologne can be worn as a signature by both sexes.
- The heavier bottom notes may be too masculine for some women.
- While it does have good silage, the warmer vanilla can be too strong for some men.
- Its higher price may not be suitable for all budgets.
CK One by Calvin Klein
Classic, elegant, and designed for both men and women to wear and enjoy this cologne has been enticing both sexes since 1994. It is an aromatic fragrance that opens with refreshing citrus accords that blend seamlessly with the sensual floral and musky scents. It can be worn anytime of the year, and many people enjoy making this one of their signature fragrances.
Top notes: pineapple, mandarin orange, green notes, bergamot, papaya, lemon, and cardamom
Middle notes: violet, nutmeg, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, orris root, and rose
Bottom notes: amber, musk, oak moss, cedar and sandalwood
- Its light refreshing scent makes it ideal for daytime wear, while the darker base notes keep the cologne bold and sensual.
- Men and women can both wear this as a signature fragrance, and be instantly noticed whenever they enter a room.
- It has a good rating for silage and longevity.
- The elegant Calvin Klein bottle looks beautiful in any fragrance collection.
- While this cologne does have good silage, the lighter notes can be overpowered by the heavier bottom.
- The complex fragrance might not be ideal for all casual occasions.
- Some men and women feel that the citrusy notes are too strong and overshadow the cologne’s complexity.
Odin 10 Roam
Sleek, stylish, and elegant, this complex cologne says a lot about the man or woman who wears it. It is an Oriental fragrance that was introduced in 2013, and has been enticing members of both sexes since then. It is sensual, mysterious, and decidedly unique, with a fragrance that is difficult to reproduce. Created to celebrate strength and individuality, this is a cologne you will want to add to your personal collection.
Top notes: saffron and pepper
Middle notes: coffee blossom and ginger flowers
Bottom notes: ebony wood, coconut milk, and incense
- This unisex cologne has a unique scent that is instantly recognizable and impossible to duplicate.
- The spicy accords make the cologne ideal for strong and confident people, while the subtle hint of mystery keeps it from becoming overpowering.
- It includes an elegant bottle that is as unique as the fragrance it contains.
- This cologne has a good rating for longevity and silage.
- While the unique scent is what appeals to some cologne wearers, it might not be appropriate for all personalities.
- The moderate silage often only applies to the spicier accords.
- With its higher price, this cologne may not fit all budgets.