Skin is an important part of the human look and it is equally important for both men and woman. Unlike women, men don’t have an everyday regime to skin care. These top 10 after shave balms should be apart of any mans shaving routine. After shaving, men tend to go through various problems such as rashes, dryness, and even skin burns. That is when the aftershave comes in to play.
Just like shaving creams and shaving razor, aftershaves play an important role. Without aftershave, the shaving regime is incomplete. There are some people who have this constant thought that aftershave is just a waste of money.
Why use aftershave?
It is a skin care routine that every man needs to follow after they are finished shaving. There is a reason aftershave was invented and the reasons are simple. During the rough process of shaving, the blade cuts down your natural hair to the softest and most delicate area of your face. This is where things can get really dry and rough. It affects the upper layer of the skin which contains moisture that is essential for the skin. Thus, the use of aftershave becomes very significant.
The difference between aftershave and aftershave balm:
Previously, there was only aftershave available which was liquid in nature and that left a stinging sensation on the skin… which is the big reason why most people avoided it.
Aftershave balm on the other hand is gentler and goes soft on the skin. The aftershaves that are usually available in the market are lotion-like and are very good to soothe the skin after shaving. There are even gels and creams available. It helps with hydrating the skin by providing the necessary moisture so that even after shaving, the skin feels plump and fresh. Moreover, men who are prone to sensitive skin should use the aftershave balms more often because men with normal skin can avoid it up to some extent but men with sensitive skin shouldn’t.
There are various companies and brands that produce aftershave balms and choosing from the best can become tricky. So, to help you provide relief with such a choice we bring you an exclusive list of all the best aftershave balms that are available in the market.
Proraso After Shave Balm Protective
This is the first aftershave that is worth the mention when we talk about the best aftershave balms available in the market. It is known to hydrate the skin thus relieving it from any kind of post-shaving irritation and redness. The best part of this particular aftershave balm is that it is free of alcohol. The aftershave balm is further devoid of artificial colors, oils, silicons, and parabens. The absence of these certain ingredients makes it very good for the skin. It helps in keeping the skin healthy and glowing. The notes that make up the aftershave balm are thyme, mint, licorice extract, oatmeal, aloe vera, and green tea. All these ingredients are natural and make the skin feel fresh and infection free. Moreover the presence of aloe vera and green tea, which are full of anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, helps in keeping away infections which tend to be an issue after a shave due to any cut or nicks.
- The smell of the lime that the aftershave has makes it pretty good.
- The aftershave balm is cheap.
- Just a little dab of the aftershave balm does its trick.
- A single bottle will last for a long time.
- There are no burns while applying this aftershave.
- It is good for sensitive skin.
- Quality product.
Truefitt & Hill Aftershave Balm, Trafalgar
When it comes to aftershaves the classic English ones are definitely worth considering. This is one aftershave balm that you need to try at least once. The company, Truefit & Hell, is the official shaving line of the British crown. The ingredients that make up the aftershave are aloe vera, sandalwood, and jasmine which is a perfect combination to acquire smooth and soothing skin after shaving. It is inspired by the sea and the sailor. It represents the win of the British naval fleet which defeated both Spain and French under the leadership of Lord Nelson. It is an inspiration to the lives of those sailors. It is a perfect shaving cream for this list because this aftershave is for a true man.
- The aftershave balm is thick and good for the skin.
- It helps in soothing the skin.
- It dissolves in the skin well.
- The smoothness tends to last on the skin for a longer period.
- It is equipped to take on the harshness by a shaver like straight razor.
- It is a high quality aftershave balm.
- The scent is very good.
- Just a little splash of the aftershave does its trick.
- The price of the aftershave is one the higher side.
Baxter of California After Shave Balm
The freshness that this aftershave balm leaves is the first thing that you will notice about it. The ingredients that make up the aftershave balm are aloe vera and tea tree which is known to provide a soothing effect on the skin and makes it resistant to irritation and other skin problems. It also has allantonin and glycerin which is great to avoid the dryness that occurs after shaving. The best part of this aftershave balm is that it is alcohol-free and that means you will have a balm that will soak in easily without any greasy or sticky feel. The best part is this the aftershave balm is affordable.
- It feels fresh on the skin.
- It is light in texture.
- A small dab of the aftershave is equipped to cover your entire face.
- The hint of lime that the aftershave has makes it a great choice among the customers.
- The scent fades away quickly without feeling over powered.
- It helps in fighting the post shave burns very effectively.
- It is great for the sensitive skin.
- The aftershave balm is alcohol-free.
- It helps in cooling down the skin.
- The price for which the aftershave balm comes is very reasonable and cheap.
- It is recommended for daily use.
Grooming Lounge Best For Last Aftershave
This particular aftershave balm is a great post shaving balm that is not only light but also leaves the skin feeling fresh and soothed. The ingredients that make up the aftershave balm are almond oil, lavender, and olibanum. The cooling effect that the aftershave gives away is one reason that it is preferred by many customer. This particular shave balm is great in soothing the burning or stinging sensation after shaving sensitive skin.
- The application of the aftershave balm feels very smooth.
- It helps in soothing the skin.
- It feels fresh.
- While applying the aftershave balm it gives away the feel of herbs.
- It immediately conditions the skin.
- It leaves the skin moisturized.
- It is a quality aftershave.
- The aftershave balm is inexpensive.
L’Occitane Cade After Shave Balm For Me
If you are in search of an aftershave that is of high quality and is a perfect one to have after a rough shave, then this is for you. This aftershave balm is made in such a way that it will make the skin soft and smooth. It has a host of scents thanks to the ingredients such as juniper, rosemary, and sandalwood. The scent is mild and won’t over power you in any way. If have been suffering with razor burns then the presence of birchwood and shea butter will provide you with relief. Other than relief from redness, it will also provide relief from the general irritation that occurs after shaving.
- The aftershave balm is made with natural ingredients.
- A little drop of the aftershave balm will go a long way.
- The aftershave balm moisturizes the face beautifully.
- Perfect for razor burns, irritation, and redness.
- The Aftershave balm can be costly.
L’Oreal Paris Men’s Expert Comfort Max After-Shave Balm
The best aftershave balm which makes it on the list is this particular aftershave balm from L’Oreal. The aftershave balm is specifically made to tackle problems such as redness and irritation caused after shaving. It helps in soothing the skin and is keeps it healthy. Another reason to use this balm is that it comes with sun protection that is SPF 15.
- The scent of the aftershave balm is pleasant.
- It lasts the whole day.
- It soaks in the skin beautifully.
- SPF 15 sun protection.
- Moisturizes nicely
- Just apply it in a small area before applying it all over your face. If you find it is affecting you in any way then stop using it.
Crabtree & Evelyn Moroccan Myrrh After Shave Balm
The last and the final aftershave balm is from Crabtree & Evelyn. The ingredients that make up the aftershave are shea butter, extracts Oat kernel, moroccan myrrh, jojoba oil, and sweet almond oil. The aftershave gives off the scents of bergamot, myrrh, cardamom, and warm amber. It moisturizes the skin perfectly.
- It moisturizes the skin beautifully.
- The aftershave balm is fresh and subtle.
- It is great for a person with sensitive skin.
- It goes smoothly on the skin and doesn’t become sticky.
- According to some customers the smell of the aftershave balm was bit strong for them.
The aftershave balms mentioned above in the list above are some of the best on the market. If you have been searching for an aftershave balm that won’t be sticky and will blend perfectly then these aftershave balms are the best to choose from. They are preferred by the customers who use them. They will provide relief from the razor burn, irritation, and redness. Most of the balms mentioned above are mostly natural and are very good for your skin. Just make sure that you aren’t allergic to any of the ingredients that may be found in balms.