Men’s colognes don’t have to cost a fortune, and there are actually some excellent masculine fragrances that are affordably priced. While some of the higher priced men’s colognes may have greater silage or longevity, but you can also find affordable fragrances that are long lasting and have the key notes that fit your personality. To help you find an affordable men’s cologne that still smells great, we have put together a brief review of some of our favorites. Each of these will last for hours without reapplying, and will keep you smelling like a well made man even if you’re not.
The Best Affordable Men’s Cologne
Nautica Blue Eau de Toilette Spray for Men
This refreshing men’s cologne has key notes reminiscent of lazy summer days on the water. It is a light and cool men’s fragrance that is ideal for casual and weekend occasions. Younger gentlemen will love the attention they get when they wear this fresh, masculine fragrance, and its aquatic scent is the perfect “pick me up” in the middle of the day. You’ll love it’s affordable price, and the bottle that features Nautica’s traditional sail design. Even if you can’t afford a sailboat, this refreshing citrus and aquatic men’s cologne will make you feel like you do.
Top notes: peach, pineapple, and bergamot
Middle notes: water lily and jasmine
Bottom notes: musk, sandalwood, and cedar
- This cologne has a light, refreshing fragrance that can easily be worn by men at any age.
- It is ideal for casual occasions, and for the workplace.
- The iconic blue bottle looks great in any cologne collection.
- You’ll enjoy long lasting fragrance at an affordable price.
- It is an aquatic fragrance that might not be suited for formal events.
- While it is affordably priced, this cologne does not rate well for silage.
- Some men find that they use more of this cologne, since they constantly feel that it is not strong enough to be noticed.
Lucky You By Lucky Brand for Men
This is a fun, light fragrance for men, and is often classified as an Oriental fougere. While the heavy Asian influences in this men’s cologne might not appeal to all guys, it is a unique scent that will get you noticed. It is designed to be worn by men with confidence and mystery, and who also enjoy taking the time to admire nature. With all of its complexity you would expect this cologne to be priced higher, but it is actually designed to be affordable for all men. With its light floral notes and earthy green tones, this men’s cologne is designed to bring out the individual in you.
Top notes: floral and green grasses
Middle notes: cardamom
Bottom notes: musk, bamboo, teak, sandalwood, Brazilian rosewood
- This cologne has a fresh, invigorating green scent that is perfect for wearing in enclosed environments.
- Priced extremely affordably, this cologne is also rated well for its longevity.
- Its earthy tones and floral notes make this a unique cologne that is hard to duplicate.
- There is a touch of exotic woods and spices to give the cologne added complexity.
- It has a medium silage that can dissipate after a few hours.
- Sometimes the complex fragrance notes become lost in the opening top and heart notes.
- This cologne may not be ideal for smoky bars where it can be overpowered.
One of the first things you will notice is the unique and stylish bottle for this Oriental fougere. It has a fresh and fruity fragrance that is ideal for almost any daytime or weekend occasion. The stylish bottle will look great displayed on your vanity or bedroom dresser, and you’ll love the sensual scent of amber that stays with you throughout the day. Wear this men’s cologne for a romantic weekend curled up by the fire, and its affordable price will also have you happy to make this your signature fragrance. Add a sense of sex and mystery to your persona with this men’s cologne that also has just a hint of innocent lavender to soften it up.
Top notes: pineapple and bergamot
Middle notes: jasmine, lavender, and apple
Bottom notes: patchouli, cedar, musk, and amber
- A complex blend of light floral notes and sensual hints of amber and musk make this cologne ideal for almost any occasion.
- It has excellent longevity and silage that can last all day or evening.
- With its light and dark notes this men’s cologne makes an excellent signature scent.
- It is priced to fit any budget, including students and younger men.
- The heavy silage can make it easy to apply too much of the cologne, which can be overpowering in smaller spaces.
- Its light floral opening notes might not suit all men’s personalities.
- In some cases the fruity citrus notes may be too sweet.
UR by Usher for Men
This is a men’s cologne that was introduced in 2008, and still remains a popular fragrance for its fresh aquatic scent and affordable price. Created by Usher, this men’s cologne is as unique and special as he is. It is designed to be worn by men who love being active and enjoy the outdoors. This is a confident fragrance that inspires people to follow, and it also comes with an extremely affordable price. The modern design of the bottle looks great displayed almost anywhere, and it compliment the cologne’s unique ocean fragrance.
Top notes: fruity notes, sea water, bay leaf, nutmeg, and basil
Middle notes: are considered the same as the bottom notes in this cologne
Bottom notes: Artemisia, cashmere wood, guaiac wood, and sandalwood
- You get a stylish bottle and fragrance at an extremely affordable price.
- Its light aquatic fragrance is refreshing and ideal for a lazy summer day.
- It has a good rating for longevity, even in the heat and sun.
- The fresh opening notes and warm amber scents are inviting, sensual, and has been a favorite among men since 2011.
- This unique fragrance does have a lower rating for silage, which makes it easy to apply too much.
- Some men might feel like this cologne is too juvenile, and prefer a more complex fragrance.
- Some men have mentioned that this cologne has a fragrance similar to Usher’s other products.
Mambo by Liz Claiborne for Men
The art deco looking bottle makes a fun addition to your cologne collection, and its affordable price makes it possible for anyone to afford this aromatic and citrusy men’s fragrance. It is considered an Oriental fougere, and has a complex aroma that is continually changing. It will give you a sense of mystery, along with sensual romance. With refreshing citrus mixed with spices and warm sandalwood it is a fragrance that is just as mysterious and complex as you are.
Top notes: lavender, bergamot, lime, and lemon verbena
Middle notes: caraway, rose, patchouli, orange blossom, cedar, lily-of-the-valley, and geranium
Bottom notes: patchouli, musk, balsam fir, and sandalwood
- Has a rich and sensual fragrance with an extremely affordable price.
- This men’s cologne has an excellent rating for longevity and silage.
- It is a fresh floral scent that is also sensual and masculine.
- The cologne’s complex fragrance makes it ideal to wear as a signature scent.
- Its high silage rating also means that you can easily apply to much of the cologne if you are not paying attention.
- Some men may feel that the opening floral notes linger longer than they would like.
- Since it is a more complex male fragrance, it might not be suitable for all younger men.