It is important to take care of your skin after a shave because the skin pores stay open due to the hair removal. The friction from your razor can cause redness, irritation, rashes and razor burn. So let’s find some of the best post shave products available on the market.
Clinique Happy for Men After Shave 100ml
Clinique is one of the leading skin care brands because all of their products are dermatologist tested. This aftershave has an instant calming effect and works wonder on razor burn. It leaves your skin feeling smooth and comfortable. The scent is very mild and free spirited so that it keeps you feeling energized.
- Fit for all skin types
- Shields the skin for a long period of time
- Not an overpowering smell
- No negative points can be found
This product is made with 100% natural ingredients and contains no alcohol. It is light, non oily and instantly works on razor burn and post shave irritations to give you a long lasting cooling effect. It tightens the skin pores and keeps the face feeling smooth and refreshed for a long period of time.
- No sting when applied after a shave
- Absorbs very fast
- Requires a very little amount
- High priced
KOHANA – UNSCENTED Post Shave Moisturizer and Face Lotion for Men
This product is made especially for sensitive skin types. It is made with all natural ingredients to help protect skin. It is light, non oily and unscented containing Shea butter, menthol and Vitamin E keeps your skin hydrated, moisturized and feeling cool. This brand is 100% vegan and doesn’t support testing on animals. Their products are free from Sulfates, Parabens, Phthalates, Dyes and GMO oils.
- The balm acts as a supplement to the skin’s inherent moisture and acts instantly to relieve irritation and rashes
- Fit for all skin types
- Not fit for people who prefer scented products
Urth Post Shave Elixir
This is a two in one product, acting as a skin soother treating razor burn, rashes and redness while help to maintain the growth of ingrown hair and its resulting bumps. It is also the best remedy for oily skin as it contains salicylic acid, lactic acid and plant extracts, which also helps prevent acne and controls oil secretion. It also acts as a nice exfoliating agent making your skin feel smooth and refreshed.
- 100% Paraben and artificial colour free
- Not tested on animals
- Helps control acne, blackheads and open pores
- Pricey, considering the quantity you get
Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic
This product, along with being a nice aftershave, also acts as an astringent or face tonic, making it fit for use after a shave or a face cleaning. You can apply it in a cotton ball or splash it on like an aftershave. This product works wonders on open pores and razors burn alike. It contains Vitamin E for skin tightening, thus it is called the next generation aftershave. There are quite a few natural ingredients in it which help give it a refreshing citrus tangerine or grapefruit like smell.
- Acts as a nice skin-toner and moisturizer
- No alcohol content thus no stingy feel
- Only the small bottle is widely available not the 8oz one.
Dove Men+Care Post Shave Balm, Hydrate+
This product is comparatively new but has earned popularity because of its high customer satisfaction. It is made light and non greasy to suit all skin types. It contains Vitamin B5 which nourishes the skin and tightens skin pores making skin feel firm and smooth. It soothes the skin instantly after a close shave and prevents irritation and razor burn and rashes.
- A dermatologist tested product, so no chances of skin damage
- Absorbs quickly and works instantly
- Specially recommended for oily skin
- No alcohol content
- Some men have complained of its feminine scent
- No natural ingredients in this product
Hope you got a nice idea about your post shave skin treatment pick. Any of the above products are great to maintain your skin because maximum skin damage happens if the skin is left bare after shaving.